Action learning sets
Sometimes, as leaders, it can be hard to find the time to plan and implement good strategic decisions.
It can be even harder when you have to do this alone or with the people whom your decisions impact.
To help the leaders I work with have the space and support to reflect and plan, I set up Action Learning Sets for Leaders, which I facilitate.
Typically, you will:
- Be in a group with up to 8 people
- Solve and move forward on significant leadership issues
- Learn techniques such as action learning questioning and listening
- Develop and improve your facilitation skills
- Share experiences and learn from each other.
Action Learning Sets for Leaders:
- All four half-day sessions are with the same group of leaders, so you get to understand and resolve each other’s problems and challenges
- Run 09:30 – 12.30
- Are held at St Michael’s College, Llandaff, Cardiff
- Cost £450 + VAT per person for all four sessions.
My next Action Learning Set for leaders:
Begins on the 18th September 2017 and continues with quarterly meetings on the 4th December 2017, 5th March and 4th June 2018 – FULL UP – Contact me for the next one starting in 2018
Over the last 7 months I’ve been a member of an action learning set with five other Heads of Service and senior colleagues from across the public sector incorporating Health, Fire and Ambulance services together with counterparts from Pembrokeshire and Carmarthenshire.
…so many senior personnel being comfortable with one another, in what can be quite an intense setting, is directly attributable to Emma’s facilitation. As a group we have benefited greatly from our experiences, and all of us have ended working together in a collaborative way in some form or other.Gareth John
I want to thank you for your support to all of us in our Action Learning Set. I’ve really valued your input and can honestly say that I have enjoyed every one of them!
We’ve all been fortunate to have you Emma but also to have each other in what I deem to be one of the most successful learning and supportive groups I have been in during my lengthy career.Sheila Porter